Company: AT&T AdWorks
Position: Associate Director, Lab
Reports to: Director, Lab
Location: New York, NY (Relocation not available)
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Associate Director, Lab will play a key role in developing AT&T’s AdWorks Lab – a storytelling showcase for innovative marketing opportunities across TV, online and mobile platforms.
The individual must be both a strong strategic thinker and have excellent creative skills. This individual must have excellent digital design, 3D modeling and video development skills and be able to work with a wide variety of tools to develop a constant flow of content for the Lab. Relationship management and project management skills are critical, as is a thorough understanding of the digital media industry including mobile and online as well as TV. Understanding of basic UX principles and best development practices in addition to strong technology background is a plus.
An ability to create content that articulates the unique selling propositions for future AT&T ad products is a fundamental skill. The ideal candidate must be able to produce a compelling story for advertisers and agencies as well as work with partners to bring the story to life within the Lab environment.
You will need to:
- Work closely with Lab Director and AdWorks product teams to develop appropriate content to showcase new ad products and pilot programs in the Lab across online, mobile and TV channels
- Partner with marketing to develop promotional materials, pilot sales collateral & Lab web presence
- Work with Director to develop ideas to grow and expand the concept including a “mobile” version for the content to be displayed at other offices, client sites, partners and events
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: •
- Develop and manage all content to be shown at the Media Lab
- Manage Lab Budget and equipment inventory
- Manage concept and design development of creative work
- Oversee production schedules to meet Lab deadlines
- Manage library of creative resources and tools used by the Lab
- Manage network and hardware
- Must have experience with the following:
- Basic multimedia knowledge:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Video Editing:
- Adobe Premiere -or- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- 3D Modeling / Animation
- Cinema 4D/Maya
- General Programming Skills
Successful candidate will be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere, while also being effective within the matrix structure of a Fortune 100 environment. This individual will have a history of being an impact player and is comfortable taking personal ownership in the performance of his/her projects. Good backgrounds for this role could include experience running emerging media labs or experiential agency experience. Experience in mobile, interactive and media are a strong plus, and knowledge and interest in the mobile and media industries is essential.
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of 5 – 7 years of professional experience. Track record of success in creating content across a wide variety of platforms. Ability to understand client/agency brand marketing challenges and create appropriate content solutions. Outstanding presentation and communication skills via written and verbal delivery. Strong attention to detail a must. Conversant in mobile services and Web 2.0 media: social networking, search, gaming, etc.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in design and/or content development preferred.
SALARY & ADVANCEMENT: Competitive. AT&T has an extensive benefits program and is focused on career development.
If interested, please email Maria Mandel Dunsche and attach your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience. Only those who are interested in working in our New York City office need apply.