Excited to be back for the upcoming Retail Advertising and Marketing Association Innovate conference to present the Kaleidoscope experience on the future of retail. What I've liked about this session (this is the 3rd time we're doing it), is that the bulk of the session involves the audience actually working together to finish the presentation. You can see some of the visuals from one of our first Kaleidoscope sessions last fall in the image below.
At Innovate, Alan Treadgold, from Leo Burnett, will share original research direct from the customer’s point of view and I will give an experience overview. After that, the audience works asking this initial question:
If we didn’t have physical retail before today, what would retail look like? How would we create “oneline” retail experiences that incorporate all of the new, digital tools available today, but create a different and unique value proposition of the physical space.
During Innovate, we'll explore:
1) All About Me – the Cloud / Personalization: This idea focuses on the premise that our preferences/information (all about me) will travel with us wherever we shop. Just like a cloud above our heads. So retailers will know just what we want, have purchased in the past and what we like. How will personalization affect the physical store in the future?
2) Convenience & Experiential Shopping: This idea was formed with a physical store in mind. Possibly round in shape and on the outside would be all the convenience items that consumers could easily order online and drive into the outer circle of the store and have their items sent to them on a conveyer belt of sorts – easy and convenient! Then, they would have the opportunity to drive into the middle of the building, valet park and shop - try on clothes and make it more of a leisurely experience. How far can this idea be pushed to better serve the consumer?
Plenty of exciting topics including:
- Opening Keynote speaker Kevin Kelly on Better Than Free
- Closing Keynote speaker Guy Kawasaki on The Art of Innovation
- The Future of Retail: The VC Perspective
- 20/20 Vision: Clear Customer Insights Reveal Your Future
- Social Commerce Strategy
- Fact or Fiction - Is the Digital Ecosystem the Future of Retail?
- And, of course, the 2011 RACIE awards for best retail advertising
You can click on the link below for additional information and to see the full schedule. Let me know if you're coming and be sure to stop by and experience our Kaleidoscope presentation!
Think of the retail world as a Kaleidoscope where the lens often shifts, sometimes to reveal sharp clear beautiful pictures and other times to show something a bit murkier. During this full experience, attendees will learn new ways of thinking from colleagues as they build the future of retail together.
A two-part session, The Kaleidoscope Experience features intensive audience interaction as attendees collaborate on specific retail concepts to form a basis for retail’s path ahead. Location Based Branding’s David Polinchock will set the stage for the Kaleidoscope Experience, while Leo Burnett’s Alan Treadgold follows to share original research direct from the customer’s point of view. The content from these two speakers will be later employed in Part 2 of the Kaleidoscope Experience by audience teams putting the concepts and framework to work immediately.