These smaller group experiences are designed to enhance the learning opportunities by allowing participants to see how experiences are delivered in physical environments (additional modules looking at online experiences can be developed as well). During these sessions, participants use an experience report card to rate the experiences on a variety of learning areas. In the past, they have included:
- The physical space. Does the space deliver on the brand messaging and promise?
- Guest/staff interaction. Is it forced? Am I able to get the information I need? Is it sufficiently staffed?
- Personalization. Is there anything about the experience that gets customized for me? Are there areas that should be personalized?
- Tech enablement. Would tech be a useful addition to the experience or a distraction? Is the tech in the space used to create a better experience or simply to save costs?
- Total over all experience. Did they deliver across all touchpoints? Would I come back? Did the experience speak to me?
These full day sessions include:
- A pre-tour briefing to discuss the overall objectives
- The tour itself. We usually visit 6 – 10 locations before lunch, take a lunch break and continue after lunch.
- A tour debrief. What were their observations? Most importantly, how can they relate the learnings from the tours into what they do? The debrief is done as an interactive whiteboard session so that actionable steps can be created giving immediate opportunities to be key learnings into practice.
I'll work with you to determine the key learnings from the walking tours and picks location based on the desired outcome. Prep days are used to do a pre-walk and make sure that the sites selected work from both a timing and learning point of view and multiple day sessions are available. One tour host is needed for each 20 people taking the tour.
I can do these WalkAbouts in any city, although I may need additional time to set the tour up if it's a city I haven't been to before. Please email me for additional information and pricing.